My interests are diverse, and there are a lot of things I’d love to share. I’ve decided to use this page to link to all sorts of random things that don’t really fit elsewhere on this site.
- I’ve done a couple of talks, media episodes and interviews.
- I guest lectured for the Politics & Culture course at BALAC, Chulalongkorn University in January 2020. See my slides here.
- I was on the globeChang(e) podcast in December 2018 to talk about Berkeley, student government, writing and politics.
- For the Bangkok Post, I discussed my experience during the coronavirus pandemic.
- On BBC Radio, I was interviewed about the Bangkok bombings at Erawan Shrine in August 2015.
- I love writing about the stranger parts of Thai history. Here are a couple posts:
- I also read about history from all over the world, and here’s a couple of my enduring obsessions and recommendations:
- Greek and Roman civilization have always had a special place in my heart. But I also have a long-running fascination with the Byzantine Empire. 12 Byzantine Rulers is an excellent podcast, and so is the @CryForByzantium Twitter feed.
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History is absolutely engrossing in general.