This page was inspired by my friend Karen Ni, who was in turn inspired by Derek Sivers. It is intended to do two things: 1) it answers the question of what I’m up to right now, and 2) it serves as a reminder to myself of my current priorities.
Last updated: October 6th, 2018
What I’m studying:
- Chinese politics: The rise of China is the most significant geopolitical event of our time, and to know politics in the modern era requires knowing China.
- International relations: I love analyzing foreign policy, and it’s great to finally be studying this formally!
- Modern British history: I have a love affair with British politics, and this class is helping me contextualize what I read about.
- Economics: it’s been a while since I did economics in high school, and this class is helping me further my understanding of the field.
What I’m working on right now:
- Thailand in Crisis, an account of Thailand’s political turmoil.
- A lot of ASUC stuff…
- Using branding strategy, social media, outreach and design to raise awareness of the ASUC’s work.
- Applying Daniel Pink’s Drive theory to how I run my office in the ASUC so that I create a motivating and positive office climate where everyone can grow.
- Supporting the ASUC Decal by developing skills-based assessment tools that promote creativity and inquiry.
- Consulting work with DiversaTech for Gap.
Things I’m reading:
- It’s been a while since I studied Chinese in high school. To make sure I don’t forget everything I’ve learned, I am regularly listening to Chinese podcasts such as Slow Chinese.
Current random interests: Organizational culture development, brand equity, distributed companies, Californian politics, monarchism in the British commonwealth, design thinking.